design

Friday, April 10, 2015

Pregnancy Journey.

On September 15, 2014 Chase and I found out we were pregnant!!!!! That was probably one of the best days of my life.

I woke up around 2:30am that morning because I had to go to the bathroom. I was a day or 2 late, and thought, "Why not? I'm going to take a pregnancy test." I was so nervous. Those 2 minutes I had to wait felt like forever. I picked up the test and saw that positive sign, and I wanted to yelp for joy. haha. It was late, so I didn't. I decided to wait until morning to tell Chase. Bad idea. I coudn't sleep at all! I was so excited and I just wanted to research everything I could about pregnancy. I was on my phone looking up my anticipated due date which was May 2015. I finally fell asleep for an hour or two, and I decided to get up and start getting ready for work.

I decided to tell Chase by using a picture frame that said "Due Date" on it that we bought when we first started trying to get pregnant. I put a paper in the frame that said approximately May 2015, and I taped the pregnancy test to the top of the frame. I placed it on the toilet so he would see it when he got up for work.

Pure happiness.




Then I waited. He FINALLY got up. I was sitting on the couch in our living room. He just went straight into the bathroom and closed the door. I was dying! About a minute later he burst out of the bathroom and said, "REALLY?!?!" Then we hugged and cried. It was such a sweet, happy moment for us. It was short lived because we had to go to work and school. That whole day was eternally long. I just wanted to get home and celebrate with Chase. All day I couldn't help but feel so happy. I have never felt such a strong emotion of gratitude to my Heavenly Father for trusting me enough to be a Mom and to carry one of His children.

When I was about 7 weeks pregnant, I started having some spotting which scared me to death. We got some blood work done and an ultrasound and things looked great! It was such a relief to see our baby on the ultrasound.


We decided to tell our family's that week because we couldn't contain our excitement anymore. We told my parents by giving them a thank you card. They really had done so much for us in the weeks previously, so we told them that we got them a little gift to thank them. They were mad that we did that. My Dad worked late that night, of course, so my Mom opened the card by herself. We put a picture of the ultrasound inside the thank you card. She was shocked! She thought it was a joke. It was hilarious! Then she send a picture of the ultrasound to my Dad. He didn't respond right away so we called him. My Mom asked him if he saw the picture, and he said, "Yeah, what the heck were you thinking?" haha. He always reminds me that I should have listened to him and never got pregnant. (Of course he's joking.) We told Chase's family that Sunday because it was his Dad's birthday. So we gave him a birthday card with the ultrasound picture in it as well. They were all surprised. His sisters said "They knew it!" haha. Kenzie said she had written in her journal the night before that she thought I was pregnant. We then Skyped the rest of his family. When Derek asked us what was new in our lives, Chase put the ultrasound picture in front of the camera. They freaked.  The reactions of our nieces were the best! We then found out that Brooke and Chris were also expecting in April. It was a fun Skype session. We love our families and are so grateful for their love and support. 

On December 23, 2014 we found out that we were having a boy!!! We went to Fetal Studios in the mall so that we could find out before Christmas. Best. Gift. Ever. He was so stubborn during the ultrasound. He was crossing his legs, and would not wake up! He finally moved around a little and the doctor told us it was a boy. Chase's reaction was priceless. His jaw dropped, and probably stayed open for a full minute. haha. He was CONVINCED we were having a girl because everyone got into his head. Boys just don't happen in our family. I have all sisters. My sister has 2 girls, Chase's sister has 5 girls. We can't make boys in this family. We broke the curse. We told our family's on Christmas that we were having a boy.



I  have felt so lucky my entire pregnancy. It's been so easy. I only threw up a handful of times. I've been able to work the whole time. I've been very tired at some points, but I have a saint for a husband, so I'm lucky. He cooked so many meals. He's cleaned the bathroom the whole time I've been pregnant. He let me sleep. Lots. He's been so patient with me. I love Chase more than I ever thought possible. The thought of him becoming a Dad just makes me cry. I'm so grateful that we were married in the temple and that we get to start our eternal family together. Chase prays for the baby and I every day. He's been so cute and protective the whole pregnancy. I can't wait to be a parent with him and to experience this new stage in our lives together!


We just moved to a new apartment a week ago. We finally get to start getting a nursery together and I am so excited! I'm 33 weeks along, and we can't wait to meet our little Aiden in 7 weeks. Life is so good.

In front of our new apartment.
When our baby was the size of a lemon. That was a monumental moment! :)

Baby Bump progression. Jan. 15, 2015.

March 5, 2015. 3rd Trimester.



No comments:

Post a Comment